2 small issues with 4.0.5

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jan 28 18:27:07 CET 2013

    > 1. In fai-make-nfsroot, procedure copy_fai_files(), the following line
    > has been added before the script copies the fai configuration files:

    >      return # do not copy fai files at all
That was done by intention. The code is still available, maybe that
confuses. fai-make-nfsroot should not copy any files into
$NFSROOT/etc/fai. You can (and should) set FAI_CONFIG_SRC when calling
fai-chboot. I tried to make the nfsroot as generic as possible, so
defining this variable inside the nfsroot (by copying the file) is a
bad idea.

    > 2. When booting in 'sysinfo' mode, the client always reboots at the end
    > because there is no error.log file, although I would like it to wait for
    > me to press RETURN.
It would be nice if you could file a bug report for this, if it does
not exist yet. I guess I had the same issue once.