Changes to make-fai-nfsroot

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Sun Feb 17 18:57:23 CET 2013

    > Wheezy which meant upgrading the FAI packages from 3.4.7 to 4.0.
Hi Adrian,

since this is a major upgrade, you should read the NEWS file for FAI 4:
http://fai-project.org/NEWS

    > located in /srv/fai/nfsroot/nfsroot-<dist>-<arch>/live/filesystem.dir
    > while the new version removed the "live/filesystem.dir" sub-directories.
This is because now we use dracut instead of live-boot inside the
nfsroot as default. Have a look at option -l for fai-make-nfsroot when
you like to use live-boot.

    > Can anyone give me some further hints which parts of the FAI
    > configuration I need to update to get a working fai-make-nfsroot? The
    > changes have to be related to fai-make-nfsroot since the FAI version in
    > the created nfs roots for Wheezy was already at 4.0.
You should make a diff between all files in /etc/fai of you old FAI
3.x config and the default files of FAI 4 in /etc/fai.