fcopy and mtime

Paolo Miotto paolo.miotto at uniud.it
Fri Feb 1 11:57:17 CET 2013

Hello,

fcopy set the atime and the mtime of a copied file as the mtime of the
original file in the config space.

This is OK for most cases, but sometimes this breaks things: when the
original file remain unchanged, but is modified in the preinst script,
the mtime remain unchanged even if the file changes between two
softupdates, and other utilities (eg. make) doesn't notice the change
and do nothing.

I would like to change this, or to have a flag to selectively change
behaviour, but before filling a bug I would like the listen some
thoughts by you.

Best regards.
              Paolo