irritating messages during softupdates

Michael Pfeiffer pfeiffml at iis.fhg.de
Thu Aug 1 15:41:23 CEST 2013

Hello,

while troubleshooting a problem with conflicting libraries, i found some
confusing messages in fai.log and shell.log, and I don't quite know what
to do about them (if anything):

Adding debconf data from /var/lib/fai/config/debconf/LINUXBASE
Calling task_repository
fcopy: Nonexisting directory /var/lib/fai/config/files/etc/resolv.conf.
No files
  copied.
cp: `/etc/resolv.conf' and `//etc/resolv.conf' are the same file
fcopy: Nonexisting directory /var/lib/fai/config/files/etc/hosts. No
files copied.
cp: `/etc/hosts' and `//etc/hosts' are the same file
fcopy: Nonexisting directory
/var/lib/fai/config/files/etc/apt/sources.list. No files copied.
cp: cannot stat `/etc/fai/apt/sources.list': No such file or directory
fcopy: Nonexisting directory
/var/lib/fai/config/files/etc/apt/preferences. No files copied.

Now, am I right that the messages are concerning access to the config
space on the _client_?

If so, why would I need any information there?

How can I get rid of these messages or can I just safely ignore them?

thanks in advance for any support