Could not find kernel image

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Tue Apr 2 16:57:19 CEST 2013

Hello Tristan,

Am 02.04.2013 16:18, schrieb Tristan Hisgen:
> Hello,
> I want to setup a simple FAI server.
> After I have "fai-quckstart" performed and the settings have done, I
> try to boot the client.
> However, it is not work here. "Could not find kernel image: vmlinuz-3
> ..." is the error message.
> Can someone help me please. :)

Look like the nfs-root has not build correct and the kernel is not
copyed to /srv/tftp/fai/.
make-fai-nfsroot -v may help.

What distribution you will use as fai server and which clients you will
install? What
will you do with fai in the end?

If it is both debian wheezy give this fai-cd derivate a try.
debian-lan_wheezy_2NICs_20130326_amd64.iso
<http://das-netzwerkteam.de/%7Eandi.mundt/debian-lan_wheezy_2NICs_20130326_amd64.iso>
You need a sever or a virtual machine with two network interfaces. One
eth1 is the Internet connection that you need (Normal dhcp network)
The other is you new installation network.
More Information on: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLAN/Setup_A

regards Andreas Schockenhoff