Fai 4.0.1 Compatible with Debian Lenny?

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Fri May 25 17:17:41 CEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 15:44 +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Found the latest fai .deb packages here:
>     > http://cdn.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fai/fai-server_4.0.1_all.deb
>     > http://cdn.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fai/fai-doc_4.0.1_all.deb
>     > Our internal pxe/samba/nfs/dhcp server is still running lenny.
>     > Q1. Is the .deb packages above compatible with lenny?
> No.

I have deleted the original question, thus may miss the target, but I
think the newest FAI can co-operate with the lenny pxe, nfs and dhcp
servers just fine. As long as the FAIhost itself is running a newer
Debian release, you should not have a need to upgrade the rest of your
infrastructure yet.

Toomas