Install config help needed

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Fri May 25 14:44:03 CEST 2012

> Then if I try to do and install pxe loads then a lot of text flies by and
> then see....
> Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done
> Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done
> Begin: Mount root file system ... /init: .: line 249: can't open
> 'scripts/live'

Your nfsroot may not have the required initramfs packages. So that would
be a start. (I have a running Ubuntu 10.04 nfsroot, so I know at least
this one is fine.) The package was renamed in between.

Ubuntu 10.04LTS: initramfs-tools
Ubuntu 12.04LTS: live-boot-initramfs-tools

Maybe this is a follow-up error on not having aptitude in your nfsroot,
maybe it's not.

(Don't forget to update the initramfs and copy the new initrd to your
tftp-server after installing the package. But you probably already thought
about that. ;) )