Troubles with e1000e Networking

Tobias Brunner tobias at tobru.ch
Thu Mar 15 15:12:42 CET 2012

Hi,

> >     > Some update from my side: I've changed the server to Debian
> >     > Squeeze as Ubuntu Precise needs too many fixes and hacks
> >     > right
> >     > now.
> > Good choice.
> what kind of hacks? FAI on precise works fine for me.

I could not create a working nfsroot because of the mix-up between Debian and Ubuntu. In /etc/fai/apt/sources.list are the Ubuntu sources, but we are building a Debian nfsroot. The result was a broken nfsroot.
The 2nd problem was that the NFS server startup script has a small bug which starts it without NFS version 3 support (it's documented in Launchpad and will be fixed). And even after fixing that the client was not able to copy the base.tar.gz file, it just timed out or throw many errors. After changing to Debian Squeeze with exactly the same config (I copied it!) all these problems are gone.

Cheers,
Tobias