Troubles with e1000e Networking

Tobias Brunner tobias at tobru.ch
Thu Mar 15 11:24:21 CET 2012

Hi,

Some update from my side: I've changed the server to Debian Squeeze as Ubuntu Precise needs too many fixes and hacks right now. So I'm using the "original" FAI from the FAI repo. Now I'm able to use FAI as I was with the old Debian Lenny server.

BUT I still have troubles with newer kernels than 2.6.31. It seems that the e1000e driver does not correctly work on this HP desktop PCs (does not get past "IP-Config...).
Now I'd like to update this driver to the most recent version. For that I need the kernel headers. Where can I find the headers package for the 3.1.0-grml Kernel?
Is this kernel a unmodified grml Kernel? So I could use the "original" grml Kernel?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Tobias