this is not the fai nfsroot >.<

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Jun 12 20:24:37 CEST 2012

Hello dear list

This is just a small word of caution. Please do not:

 cd /srv/fai/nfsroot
 tar czf /tmp/fai-nfsroot[...].tar.gz *

to create a copy/archive of your fai nfsroot.

I currently am debugging some other problems and suddenly my newly updated
nfsroot stopped working. I was searching left and right, but in the end it
was a simple file that was missing. *gnarf*

 touch /srv/fai/nfsroot/.THIS_IS_THE_FAI_NFSROOT

fixed that. Since I was only tarring up '[...]/*' the hidden file didn't
make it into the tarball and fai refused to proceed when I was booting the
client.

tschuess
thomas