Still having problem with configuring FAI

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 12 19:09:09 CEST 2012

    > Squeeze and Ubuntu Precise. It seems that at some point, Debian started
    > hard-coding --no-nfs-version 3 into /etc/init.d/nfs.

    > I.e. as in like this:

    > $ grep version /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server
    >    RPCMOUNTDOPTS="$RPCMOUNTDOPTS --no-nfs-version 3"

This is the context of setting the variable:

 $PREFIX/bin/rpcinfo -u localhost nfs 3 >/dev/null 2>&1 ||
                    RPCMOUNTDOPTS="$RPCMOUNTDOPTS --no-nfs-version 3"

The option --no-nfs-version 3 is only used for the mount daemon, it's
not used for disabling nfs v3 by default. And this is only set after
asking the portmap or rpcbind service if nfs v3 is available on
localhost. IMO this is perfect fine and I see no reason why it should
break FAI.