Still having problem with configuring FAI

Iordan Iordanov iordan at cdf.toronto.edu
Tue Jun 12 17:49:52 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I don't know if this is off the mark or not, but I wanted to make you
aware of something we discovered when we started using FAI with Debian
Squeeze and Ubuntu Precise. It seems that at some point, Debian started
hard-coding --no-nfs-version 3 into /etc/init.d/nfs.

I.e. as in like this:

$ grep version /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server
   RPCMOUNTDOPTS="$RPCMOUNTDOPTS --no-nfs-version 3"

This option should be in /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server if it should be
anywhere... This broke FAI completely until after a painstaking search
we came across this. Perhaps some of you are also struggling with this,
perhaps not at all.

Cheers,
Iordanm