cfengine fails when installing from a CD created by fai-cd

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Sat Jan 7 19:56:25 CET 2012

Hello once more,

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 05:50:01PM +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:

[...]

> However, I've now another problem with the cfengine run. The error
> message reported in cfagent.log is now:
>
>    Couldn't get interfaces - old kernel?  Try setting CF_IFREQ to 1024
>    ioctl: Resource temporarily unavailable

The reason was a not properly adopted (i.e. on the fly) grub.cfg on
the CD which broke /etc/network/interfaces and the configuration of
the loop device (?):

 menuentry "Fully Automatic Installation - mainserver" {
     set gfxpayload=1024x768
     linux   /boot/vmlinuz boot=live FAI_FLAGS="verbose,createvt"
-    FAI_ACTION=install ip=192.168.1.1:::::eth0:off hostname=mainserver
+    FAI_ACTION=install hostname=mainserver
     initrd  /boot/initrd.img
 }

It seems to work now.  Thanks,

	Andi