cfengine fails when installing from a CD created by fai-cd

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Sat Jan 7 17:50:01 CET 2012

Hi again,

On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 04:24:24PM +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:

> The installation fails when installing from the CD because the
> execution of the cfengine scripts aborts. Cfengine reports a problem
> with permissions/privacy of /var/lib/cfengine2/rpc_in.
> (RPC input directory ... was not private).

OK, I found the fix: Use -R instead of -r in genisoimage.  The fix is
already in the upstream sources. (BTW: Why not including such a
trivial fix in a squeeze update?  Same here: http://bugs.debian.org/609568
and here http://bugs.debian.org/612481 - people on squeeze waist time
reinventing the bugfix or get the impression FAI doesn't really work!)

However, I've now another problem with the cfengine run. The error
message reported in cfagent.log is now:

   Couldn't get interfaces - old kernel?  Try setting CF_IFREQ to 1024
   ioctl: Resource temporarily unavailable

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

     Andi