distributing keytab to install clients

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Thu Feb 16 22:54:02 CET 2012

Hi everybody!

In my setup I would like to copy an indiviual kerberos keytab to the
install clients during or at the end of the installation process. The
keytab is needed to mount the kerberized home directories.  For
security reasons, I do not want to keep all the keytabs in the
nfsroot and pick the one for the corresponding client when installing.

Right now, I scp the keytab manually after the installation, i.e. the
client has to be 'activated' by copying the keytab.  Of course it
would be nice to do that automatically within the installation
process without exposing all keytabs.

Any ideas how to do that best?

Best regards,

     Andi