FAI and OPSI ?

Sven Schumacher schumacher at tfd.uni-hannover.de
Tue Feb 7 20:53:20 CET 2012

Hello,

Anyone out there having experience with integrating FAI within OPSI (www.opsi.org)? Any suggestions for that?
I already have a running opsi-environment but want to get Dual-Boot Systems.
So FAI shouldn't touch the Windows boot partition only shrink the 2nd partition when I Boot via pxe the fai-installation - but I would like to be able to install via FAI Linux-only systems,too. What would you suggest? Will it be possible to append a bootoption to the kernel of fai install to change the class from DUALBOOT to SINGLEBOOT ? or is there a better way to do that?

Thanks for any tipps

Sven