How to prevent new installations when I have already installed my client through LAN boot?

Ivan Reche ivan.reche at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:40:13 CET 2012

2012/2/6 Toomas Tamm <tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee>

> On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 09:08 +0100, Michał Dwużnik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > why do you need that?
> > A well configured installation (ssh) runs fai-chboot on its own...
>
> Another old and trusted option, especially for a laptop, is to cause the
> system boot from hard disk by default. Depending on the BIOS, it may
> take one or two keypresses (although some need more) to force a PXE boot
> on a modern computer and start a FAI installation, should such need
> arise again.
>
> Toomas

I'm sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough. I was talking about the laptop
but I am going to port this configuration to a cluster, and I don't want to
connect a terminal to every computer so I can choose what I am going to
boot. I think this breaks a little the benefits of using FAI.

However, I don't know what is usually done in situations like this. How do
I automate this step of the installation process?

Ivan