How to prevent new installations when I have already installed my client through LAN boot?

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Mon Feb 6 09:29:07 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 09:08 +0100, Michał Dwużnik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> why do you need that?
> A well configured installation (ssh) runs fai-chboot on its own...

Another old and trusted option, especially for a laptop, is to cause the
system boot from hard disk by default. Depending on the BIOS, it may
take one or two keypresses (although some need more) to force a PXE boot
on a modern computer and start a FAI installation, should such need
arise again.

Toomas