status update Debian-LAN/wheezy

Jurrie Overgoor jurrie at stillus.nl
Wed Aug 22 08:21:37 CEST 2012

Op 21-8-2012 20:03, Andreas B. Mundt schreef:
> fai-cd:    does not work without applying a patch.  The issue has been
> 	   reported in #682796 [5], a simple patch is available and
> 	   has been tested.  This issue is not relevant for
> 	   'professional' users of FAI as they probably do not use
> 	   fai-cd.  However, it is very important for DebianLAN and
> 	   users that want to give FAI a try for the very first time.

Ho there, hold up! ;) I for one am using fai-cd in a 'professional'
setting. I'm using it to create a fully automatic installation of
stand-alone digital signage clients. I need this for two reasons: so I
don't have to keep monitoring the initial install, and to have a rescue
partition with a copy of the fai-cd image so I can overwrite my clients
with 'factory defaults'.

My point is: please don't see fai-cd as a less important part of FAI.
(Maybe I subconsciously direct this plea more to the FAI developers... ;) )

With kind regards,

Jurrie