problem upgrading fai server

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:51:31 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, It does not show what dir it wants to make. How can I find out?

solved, sometimes one just needs to ask something to find the answer
on his/her own.

The problem was there was this in /var/lib/dpkg/info/fai-quickstart.postinst

. /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf
        if [ ! -d $FAI_CONFIGDIR/class ]; then
            mkdir -p $FAI_CONFIGDIR
            cp -a /usr/share/doc/fai-doc/examples/simple/* $FAI_CONFIGDIR
            echo "Simple examples copied to config space $FAI_CONFIGDIR."
        fi
    ;;

adding a FAI_CONFIGDIR var in make-fai-nfsroot.conf solved the
problem, the (internal) question remains about why that was not set.