RAID Konfiguration FAI

Alex Mestiashvili alex at biotec.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 3 15:25:11 CET 2011

On 11/03/2011 10:35 AM, Julian Decker wrote:
> Hi and thanks to all,
>
> unfortunately the "-e 1.0" option did not solve the problem.
>
> I now tried the following config:

> disk_config sda
> primary  -        10000  -       -
> primary  -        10000  -       -
>
> disk_config sdb
> primary  -        10000  -       -
> primary  -        10000  -       -
>
> disk_config raid
> raid1  /          sda1,sdb1 ext3    rw   mdcreateopts="-e 1.0"
> raid1  swap  sda2,sdb2  swap  sw  mdcreateopts="-e 1.0"
>
> mdadm is now called whith the -e option:

> Executing: yes | mdadm --create -e 1.0 /dev/md0 --level=raid1 --force
> --run --id-devices=2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1
> [ 54.028489] raid1: md0 is not clean -- starting background reconstruction
> Executing: mdfs.ext3 /dev/md0
> Executing: yes | mdadm --create -e 1.0 /dev/md1 --level=raid1 --force
> --run --id-devices=2 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb2
> [ 54.028489] raid1: md1 is not clean -- starting background reconstruction
> Executing: mkswap /dev/md1
> Executing: fai-vol_id -u /dev/md1
> Executing: fai-vol_id -u /dev/md1
> Executing: fai-vol_id -u /dev/md0
> Executing: fai-vol_id -u /dev/md0
>
> Creation of raid devices does work, after FAI installation I was able
> to mount them, fstab looks good too.
>
> I use Debian 6.0.3 and Grub2 1.98 at the moment.
>

> regards

Could it be that the problem is the missing bootable option ?

Also note that you need mdcreateopts="-e 1.0" only for the "/" partition ...
other partitions can have superblock 1.2 imho .

here is my config which worked for me :

disk_config sda bootable:1
primary  -      25G      -               -
primary  -      10G      -               -
logical  -      20G-     -               -

disk_config sdb bootable:1
primary  -      25G      -               -
primary  -      10G      -               -
logical  -      20G-     -               -

disk_config raid

raid1   /       sda1,sdb1  ext3    rw,errors=remount-ro
raid1   swap    sda2,sdb2       swap    sw
raid1   /data_local  sda5,sdb5  xfs    rw,noatime

Best regards ,
Alex