Weird fai-mirror problems

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Thu May 5 14:42:18 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have problems with fai-mirror not generating a correct "Packages"
file. I noticed that e.g. ubuntu-restricted-extras was not installed on
the target machines because they could not find a package by that name.

A look into the directory created by fai-mirror showed that
.../pool/u/ubuntu-restricted-extras_...deb existed, but there was no
entry in .../dists/lucid/main/binary-i386/Packages. I deleted pool and
dists from the mirror directory and ran fai-mirror again, with the same
result. Only deleting aptcache and .apt-move as well and recreating the
mirror from scratch helped.

I also noticed that before, there were also directories
.../dists/lucid/universe/binary-i386 and
.../dists/lucid/non-free/binary-i386; they did not exist anymore when
the mirror was rebuilt correctly.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,
Andreas