/dev/md1 is already in use. SW raid

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon May 2 16:43:16 CEST 2011

> Hi Michael,
>
> I do have that machine available, and in it's semi broken state. Here are the results, in the order that you asked me to run the commands.

[...]

Perfect feedback, thanks! So ... may I ask you to put a hack in there? That is:

In Sizes.pm you'll find this mdadm --assemble --scan ... command somewhere
around line 294. Could you change that to

mdadm --stop --scan && mdadm --assemble --scan ...

? I think this should make it work, or at least that is what I deduce from the
result of your experiments. If it does, I'll try to take another look at the
code to see whether this will effectively be the solution or whether I'll go for
a slightly modified version.

Thanks a lot,