proposed patch for make-fai-nfsroot

David Dreezer dave at socialstrata.com
Sun Mar 27 21:49:35 CEST 2011

I will, Michael, thank you.

Please, I hope that you don't think that I was complaining about the nit picking. Rather, I was expressing the fact that I began second guessing myself as to who this patch bests serves by adding into FAI, when FAI already provides a mechanism via the nfsroot-hooks. As we moved through the process of the patch submission I began to wonder if it would be better to write this as a hook script and post it on the wiki.

I'm personally thrilled that this patch is now in FAI because it will save me time when I upgrade, but I guess the question that I'm left with is - when is it best to write something as a hook and when is it best to submit it as a patch against FAI itself?

As always, thanks for your thoughts.

David Dreezer