FAI Server on Lucid / LTS

Justin Ryan justin at wikia-inc.com
Thu Mar 24 18:40:34 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Justin Ryan <justin at wikia-inc.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Justin Ryan <justin at wikia-inc.com> wrote:
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> I am trying to setup an FAI Server for Ubuntu Lucid / 10.04 LTS.  This
>>> distribution does not include FAI packages, but there is a PPA.
>>>
>>> I've installed fai-quickstart successfully, and configured FAI to
>>> debootstrap lucid, with a local HTTP mirror specified in sources.list.
>>>
>>> This seems mostly to work, but fails toward the end configuring rsyslog.

After further examination, it appears that in addition to rsyslog, a
couple of other things are failing with messages relating to trying to
find things in /proc.

So, it's not surprising that in a chroot there is no /proc, and
rsyslog config on my host machine references /proc/kmsg.

Is it possible that this is basically a successful bootstrap of the
NFSROOT, with errors that can be ignored, or are these perhaps
examples of reasons why FAI was not included in Lucid?

--
http://about.me/justizin
skype/aim: justizin