New issues with setup storage - disc too small

David Dreezer dave at socialstrata.com
Thu Mar 17 07:02:52 CET 2011

Same answer, unfortunately.

root at fw1dv:~# parted -s /dev/sdb mklabel msdos; sleep 10;parted -s /dev/sdb mkpart primary "" 32256B 134249471B; sleep 10;parted -s /dev/sdb mkpart extended "" 134249472B 60022480895B; sleep 10; parted -s /dev/sdb mkpart logical "" 134249984B 2281724927B
Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance.
Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance.
Warning: The resulting partition is not properly aligned for best performance.
Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition /dev/sdb5 -- Device or resource busy.  This means Linux won't know about any changes you made to /dev/sdb5 until you reboot -- so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
Error: Failed to add partition 5 (Device or resource busy)