New issues with setup storage - disc too small

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Thu Mar 17 06:51:29 CET 2011

> I did add exit 1; to the top of setup storage, as requested. That made setup storage exit and then I ran the commands manually as requested. Creating the logical drive caused the kernel notification error.
>
> Actually, is that the wrong behavior? It isn't what we want, but is it doing what it isn't supposed to?

[...]

I don't think this is what is supposed to happen - nothing is using that device,
so one should be able to create all the partitions and do whatever partition
table manipulation one wants to do. The device shouldn't be "busy". But, well,
maybe udev is. Could you please redo that experiment with "sleep 10" in between
the parted calls?

Thanks a lot,