New issues with setup storage - disc too small

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Mar 16 13:45:49 CET 2011

Hi David,

[...]
> There shouldn't be any other array of any sort running. Our config should account for the entirety of the drives. I wonder if there is something wrong with the config that I'm trying to use? That it used to work doesn't necessarily mean that perhaps an adjustment is not in order, does it?

Maybe this is a timing issue? First of all, could you give my new attempt in
4.0~beta2+experimental67 another try? I have no idea whether the wait-options of
mdadm are any good. If they are, this would be the most beautiful solution. If
not, could you replace the

mdadm -W --wait-clean --stop $md

by

mdadm --stop $md ; sleep 5

in Commands.pm? That should at least rule out timing issues, even though it
obviously isn't nice.

Thanks a lot,