New issues with setup storage - disc too small

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Mar 15 17:56:27 CET 2011

> Hi Michael,
>
> Neither worked. The machine is still sitting at the same spot at which task partition returned 710. I have not touched it.
>
> root at fw1dv:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md/6
> mdadm: error opening /dev/md/6: No such file or directory
> root at fw1dv:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md6
> mdadm: error opening /dev/md6: No such file or directory
> root at fw1dv:~#

Grrr. Fredrik Eriksson will love this one :-)

- ls -l /dev/md6
- ls -l /dev/md/6
- mdadm-startall
- ls -l /dev/md6
- ls -l /dev/md/6

Does that mdadm-startall change anything respectively could you send the
results?

> I'll try the new build today.

[...]

Sorry, that won't help that much if the above stop attempts didn't work out as
all this new version does is use the name that mdadm displayed (which was
/dev/md/6) instead of trying /dev/md6. But then maybe my change is useless and
the problem is sitting somewhere else.

Thanks a lot,