One disk system install fails

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Mar 15 17:53:12 CET 2011

Hi Fredrik,

> Hi,
>
> A new problem arose when trying to install a one disk system today,
> and we think it boils down to this:
>
> Trying to add CMD: lvcreate  -Cannot satisfy pre-depends for
> pvcreate -ff -y  /dev/cciss/c0d0p2: ,pt_complete_/dev/cciss/c0d0 --
> system left untouched.
>
> There probably shouldn't be a comma there, as it's not trailing anything.

[...]

> I'll send you a full log file, Michael.

Thanks a lot for sending the logs as well (was done in private mail, just in
case anybody wonders). I hope to have addressed this in 4.0~beta2+experimental65
- I couldn't test it though as the test system is at home, but at least there
were obvious bugs to be fixed. There might be more of them hiding somewhere,
though.

Best regards,