One disk system install fails

Fredrik Eriksson fredrik.eriksson at axis.com
Tue Mar 15 17:33:26 CET 2011

Hi,

A new problem arose when trying to install a one disk system today, and
we think it boils down to this:

Trying to add CMD: lvcreate  -Cannot satisfy pre-depends for pvcreate
-ff -y  /dev/cciss/c0d0p2: ,pt_complete_/dev/cciss/c0d0 -- system left
untouched.

There probably shouldn't be a comma there, as it's not trailing anything.

We ran into this running 4.0~beta2+experimental61 and also tried  after
upgrading to current 4.0~beta2+experimental64.

Here is one of our one disk disk_config files:

disk_config disk1 bootable:1
primary  /boot          512     ext3    rw,errors=remount-ro
primary  -              0-      -       -

disk_config lvm
vg              vg0                     cciss/c0d0p2
vg0-swap                swap                    2048    swap    rw
vg0-usr                 /usr                    4096    ext3    rw
vg0-var                 /var                    4096    ext3    rw
vg0-tmp                 /tmp                    2048    ext3    rw
vg0-home                /home                   2048    ext3    rw
vg0-root                /                       4096    ext3    rw

I'll send you a full log file, Michael.

Regards
--
Fredrik