kernel boot parm nfsroot

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 22 22:16:06 CEST 2011

When I'm specifying the nfsroot in my grub.cfg, I'm hardcoding in the IP
address of the nfs server. "nfsroot=192.168.0.1:/srv/fai/nfsroot". I
remember some time ago, back when I was setting up fai for etch, I had to
figure out how to specify different nfs servers by IP address. Before that,
it used a default or something. In other words, sometime in the distant
past, the IP address of the nfs server was not hardcoded into the grub
configuration file.

Is there still some way for me to not have to hard code in the IP address of
the nfs server. I already tried "nfsroot=faiserver:/srv/fai/nfsroot". It
generated an error message saying it couldn't parse the parameter.