Disk config

Ahmed Altaher ahmtah05 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:41:06 CEST 2011

From: ahmtah05 at hotmail.com
To: courtel at cena.fr
Subject: RE: Disk config
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:40:38 +0200

>Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:37:42 +0200
>From: courtel at cena.fr
>To: linux-fai at uni-koeln.de
>Subject: Re: Disk config

    Le 16/06/2011 12:14, Ahmed Altaher a écrit :

        >Dearest all,

        >I succeded installing Ubuntu 10.10 from Debian squeeze based
        FAI.

        >But my problem is; how could I preserve the 1st partition that
        includes Windows 7.

        >my disk config is

          >disk_config sda preserve_always:1,2 bootable:3
>primary  -  0  -  -
>primary  -  0  -  -
>primary     /boot     512    ext3    rw
>logical     -       22000-    -    -

>From what you asked on irc, I guess you just want to boot your
    Windows 7 after Ubuntu has been installed.

    >This is a grub issue, you just need to install the 'os-prober'
    package and then run 'update-grub' to make Windows show up in the
    Grub menu.

    >In the future I suggest you send complete and comprehensive
    questions to either the mailing list or irc rather than sending
    parts of the puzzle on either. Otherwise no o>ne will bother to
    answer you.

    >--

    >Nicolas

Just trying now dual booting