Disk config

Nicolas Courtel courtel at cena.fr
Thu Jun 16 12:37:42 CEST 2011

Le 16/06/2011 12:14, Ahmed Altaher a écrit :
> Dearest all,
>
> I succeded installing Ubuntu 10.10 from Debian squeeze based FAI.
>
> But my problem is; how could I preserve the 1st partition that
> includes Windows 7.
>
> my disk config is
>
> disk_config sda preserve_always:1,2 bootable:3
> primary  -  0  -  -
> primary  -  0  -  -
> primary     /boot     512    ext3    rw
> logical     -       22000-    -    -

 From what you asked on irc, I guess you just want to boot your Windows
7 after Ubuntu has been installed.
This is a grub issue, you just need to install the 'os-prober' package
and then run 'update-grub' to make Windows show up in the Grub menu.

In the future I suggest you send complete and comprehensive questions to
either the mailing list or irc rather than sending parts of the puzzle
on either. Otherwise no one will bother to answer you.

--
Nicolas