Problem deploying Ubuntu from FAI debian server

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Jun 4 15:47:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Befor, I succed deploying Debian with Gnome for demohost install client,
> and PXE boot works well

Ok, good to know.

> finally I got the error code=2, when I tried UBuntu 10.10 Maverick
> I sugess that my problem is the packages at config space, and the GRUB_PC/10-setup --> Error
> In fact I just work on FAI since 6 weeks, and my target is FAI server to install Ubuntu and Debian clients.
> so my knowledge with FAI is beginer.
>  Please could you guide me with checklist or tutorial

[...]

Thanks for providing all the further information.  I guess you might already
have read the FAI guide and apparently things did work out very well for you in
the past.

You should

1. inspect the log files in /tmp/fai on your client (before rebooting it); if
you don't fully know what the error messages mean, feel free to forward those
files to the list or paste them to paste.debian.net (and send the URL).
2. possibly you want to enable additional debugging information. Add export
debug=1 for instance in class/FAIBASE.var.

Hope this helps,