Is DHCP server absolutely required - new FAI user

Karthik Kambatla kkambatl at cs.purdue.edu
Wed Jul 27 14:54:34 CEST 2011

Thanks for the input, Patrick. One quick question with that though.

In the setting you suggest we add to the grub,

ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.1:/srv/fai/**nfsroot-2.6.39
boot=live  FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,**createvt FAI_ACTION=install

I assume ip=dhcp suggests acquiring an IP address from the existing DHCP
server. However, the machines are already assigned static IPs and the DHCP
server doesn't assign any. Wouldn't that be a problem.

Karthik