Updating /var/log/fai/localhost

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Thu Jan 20 10:30:35 CET 2011

Hello,

we are using FAI for installation as well as for softupdates. Sometimes,
we need to change hostnames after installation. I noticed that, after
changing hostnames and running a softupdate, /var/log/fai/localhost
still points to /var/log/fai/old-hostname.
We need /var/log/fai/localhost/last-softupdate to work for various
scripts, so I'd like to find a way to change it.

I found a line in /usr/lib/fai/fai-savelog:
ln -snf $HOSTNAME $logbase/localhost

but that does not do the trick. Any ideas?

BTW: The scripts I am working on will run a softupdate on shutdown when
triggered on the server. Will post it when done, if you're interested.