Lenny-Server and Squeeze-Client -> hard link problem?

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Thu Feb 17 17:00:51 CET 2011

Hi all,

> I'm still trying to use a lenny server to install via FAI a debian
> squeeze. I think the setup is correct, but I still run in problems.
>
> Right after PXE booting FAI dies with an I/O error when he tries to
> hard link
>
>    /var/log//demsg.0 /var/log/dmesg

maybe the problem is somewhere else. At the end of the init sript

   run-init /sbin/init

is invoked and then I see a message, that /etc/init.d/rcS can not be
started, fai-nfsroot seems to remove this:

   diverted by fai-nfsroot to: /etc/init.d/rcS.distrib

Then I get a message saying something like

   using makefile-style concurrent boot ...

and several init scripts are started with a dummy-start-stop-program.
Further I get the hard link error, cfengine2 and cups get dummy started
and in seems to start fai-abort. That's it.

I guess, there is something wrong: But I have no idea...

Anyone else can help me a step further?

Best regards

Dirk