How to automatically boot from the local HDD after installation?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 14 13:43:44 CET 2011

    > I'm a Korean user and this is my first post. :D
Hi Huioon, welcome on our mailing list.

    > The client is booted via PXE when the installation is performed, so now I
    > should manually make the client to be booted from its local hard disk using
    > "fai-chboot -o <hostname>" command at a FAI server.
IF you call fai-chboot -o default on your install server, every
machine, that does not have a special PXE configuration, will get the
pxelinux config to bott from local disk. Normally each client calls
fai-chboot -d in the task chboot, so the client itself disables its own
configuration on the install server and then the default configuration
is used. If this does not work, check the log file, if something went
wrong in the task chboot.