Introducing grepclass

Michael Goetze mgoetze at mgoetze.net
Fri Feb 11 20:42:11 CET 2011

Hi guys,

have you ever wondered, which files in your config space are all
affected by a specific class? For instance if you want to duplicate that
class as the starting point for a new class, or rename it, etc.? Well, I
wrote a little script to do this job for me. Here's an example of how
it's used:

% grepclass DEBIAN
Defined in: ./class/50-host-classes
Found script directory: ./scripts/DEBIAN
Found hook: ./hooks/instsoft.DEBIAN
Found package configuration: ./package_config/DEBIAN
Found additional package configuration: ./package_config/FAIBASE
Found debconf configuration: ./debconf/DEBIAN
Found file: ./files/etc/kernel-img.conf/DEBIAN
Found file: ./files/boot/grub/menu.lst/DEBIAN
Used conditionally in: ./scripts/LAST/50-misc

Feedback and patches are welcome.

Regards,