fai-cd memtest86+.bin typo

Michael Goetze mgoetze at mgoetze.net
Sun Feb 6 02:25:32 CET 2011

Hi Jurrie,

On 02/04/2011 07:16 PM, Jurrie Overgoor wrote:
> Fai is also in Ubuntu's Launchpad. I've reported three bugs there:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fai/+bug/705624
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fai/+bug/710311
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fai/+bug/710313
>
> Not a lot has happened to them since :) Should I re-report them in
> Debian's BTS? I don't know if the bugs are Ubuntu specific though, I
> think at least #705624 is...

generally speaking, the people who do the most work on FAI use only
Debian and don't check Launchpad for bugs. There are a few (as in about
one and a half) people who work on FAI in Ubuntu, but they don't always
have time to deal with problems in these constant new non-LTS releases. ;)

I had a look at your bugs. 705624 is pretty much Ubuntu-specific, yes.
710311 is going to affect Debian FAI in the future as the same
transition has taken place in Debian unstable.

As for 710313, the problem is that in Debian aptitude is part of the
base system, but in Ubuntu it isn't. Therefore adding aptitude to the
depends of fai-quickstart alone won't solve the problem,
/etc/fai/NFSROOT might also need to be changed. Nevertheless, it would
seem reasonable to me for fai-quickstart to depend on aptitude even in
Debian, so you should feel free to send that bit on to the Debian BTS.

Regards,