debian 6

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Feb 4 15:48:23 CET 2011

    > so if I run apt-get dist-upgrade, it will not automatically update the
    > nfsroot for lenny?
No. You have to run make-fai-nfsroot -v.

    >  Looking at packages.debian.org, the fai-nfsroot and
    > fai-server packages versions for lenny and squeeze are 3.2.17 vs 3.4.7
    > respectively. So I assumed that upgrading the os would also upgrade
    > those packages.
Yes they will be upgraded, but not inside the nfsroot.

    > I'll obviously have to test this before running the upgrade :)
Good idea.

P.S: I'm always very interested in user experiences with FAI. Can you
please fill out the FAI questionnaire http://fai-project.org/questionnaire
and send it back to me when you finished a project with fai.