debian 6

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Feb 4 15:03:39 CET 2011

    > with debian 6 releasing this weekend, what is the best strategy for
    > upgrading a stock lenny fai server?
You have to distinguish between upgrading the server OS itself, and
upgrading to a new FAI version including the FAI nfsroot and
configuration space. It also depends if you still like to install
lenny clients but using a squeeze install server, or if you mean how
to migrate your config space + nfsroot for lenny installation to
installations of squeeze clients.

My strategy is to still use a lenny install server but I upgraded my
lenny config space to support lenny and squeeze installation. This
needed some time but in the end is wasn't that much to change or add.
I also have different nfsroots one for lenny (using 3.4.5) and one for
squeeze (using 3.4.7).