"clone" an example client?

Brian Kroth bpkroth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 16:10:51 CET 2011

Frank Lienhard <frank at saliko.de> 2011-12-08 14:28:
> On 12/08/2011 12:21 PM, Thomas Lange wrote:
>>
>>     >>  # aptitude search . | grep ^i | grep -v '^i A' | awk '{ print $2 }'
>> aptitude search \~M | awk '{ print $3 }'
>>
>> does the same.
> OK with one of the above I get my list., but it seams I still mist a
> major point at all, because I still can't figure out, how to set up a
> own client config with that.
> I do understand that I have to generate the appropiate class files in
> /srv/fai/config, but I don't understand how to configure a new
> host-type with that.

Your package list config files go in
config/package_config/MACHINE_CLASS_NAME where MACHINE_CLASS_NAME is
what you defined for the host in the config/class/* section.

NFSROOT is the package_config for building the nfs boot environment that
your clients use during PXE boot for install (for instance).

However, you'll probably want to read through the other package_config
files and docs so that when your machine gets multiple classes assigned
it still does what you expect.

Brian