/dev/md1 is already in use. SW raid

David Dreezer dave at socialstrata.com
Thu Apr 7 19:39:12 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

Interesting.. when I do mdadm --stop --scan it stops all the /dev/md* just fine, or at least tells me that it does. When I then issue mdadm --assemble --scan --config=/tmp/fai/mdadm-from-examine.conf it locks the computer up. My ssh session freezes, I can no longer connect to or ping the machine.

I'll make a trip to the data center and see if there is anything on the console that offers a clue as to the issue that we're seeing. Perhaps I have a faulty piece of hardware or something?

Thanks,

David Dreezer