where to insert a pre-partioning script

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Apr 5 11:26:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

[...]
> 1. where can I call this script so that it has done it's tricks before any partitioning is done?

Keep your script as hooks/partition.SOMECLASS and FAI will execute that
automatically. As you seem to do all the LVM building as well (you could have
setup-storage do that for you ...) you want to skip any default partition
commands you need to add

touch $LOGDIR/skip.partition

at the end of your script.

> 2. should I mount the fs's I created in my script to /target or is fai looking for available paritions to mount?

[...]

You will have to make your script build an fstab file in $LOGDIR. Then FAI will
mount whatever is defined in this file.

Hope this helps,