setup-storage and preserving partitions

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Thu Sep 30 12:30:32 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 13:45 +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

> - The problem of completely corrupting the table should be fixed for all
>   versions >= 4.0~beta2+experimental14
> - The preserve_always:all interpretation as *really don't touch this disk* is
>   finally there in 4.0~beta2+experimental16.
>
> Further testing would be much appreciated :-)

I tested 4.0~beta2+experimental19 . An old bug seems to have
re-surfaced, and not much useful work gets done.

The job ends with
Preserving extended partitions is not supported; mark all logical partitions instead

The "all" obviously includes the extended partition, thus this check
makes the "preserve_always:all" unusable on disks which contain extended
parititions.

Log attached.

Toomas