task_updatebase and force-confold

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Mon Oct 25 16:21:40 CEST 2010

Hello,

can someone tell me how aptitude is called in task_updatebase? I cannot
find it in the logs. I have the feeling it is *not* called with
"--force-confdef --force-confold", like during task_instsoft? The reason
I'm asking is that I was trying to update a machine with softupdate,
which was running fai-client 3.3.5. During task_updatebase, aptitude
asks whether to keep the old config or install the new one, and
softupdate stops there.

This is bad, since we are usually running softupdates unattended during
shutdown. What would be the quickest fix for this?

Thanks,
Andreas