I need some netboot help

Markus Wigge markus at cultcom.de
Tue Nov 2 10:55:56 CET 2010

Hi,

>     > For paravirtualised VMs XenServer is aware of the Debian repository
>     > architecture and tries to boot the kernel and initrd in
>     > "dists/lenny/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/xen", so I built
>     > my own repository infrastructure and put the original Xen-Kernel there
>     > with a custom netboot inirtd.
> Please boot the Debian kernel, that is inside the nfsroot. You may
> want to put a xen version into the nfsroot.
>
>     > Unfortunately it does not work as expected yet. For some reason the
>     > netboot initrd image I tried is unable to mount the nfsroot.
> Do not boot the netboot image. You must boot a kernel which can mount
> the root file sys tem via NFS. I guess the netboot image can't do
> this.

Thanks for your response, unfortunately the original Debian -xen kernels
to not run stable on Citrix XenServer. So I decided to put the kernel
provided by Citrix in my own Repo and build a custom initrd.

After I found the part noting "live-initramfs" in your documentation it
worked perfectly and I'm now able to start a paravirtualized FAI
installation using the Citrix XenCenter GUI etc.

Regards,
Markus