German locale in NFSROOT

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Fri May 7 13:35:30 CEST 2010

Hello,

I need a german locale environment in the NFSROOT, I think. I have some
scripts which set gconf values on the clients using

$ROOTCMD gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.defaults.xml /foo/bar...

Some of the values are strings containing german umlauts. This works
fine under the running system, but fails when FAI runs the script during
installation ("Invalid byte sequence in conversion input").

So I guess I need the german locale within the NFSROOT. How do I do this?

Thanks,
Andreas